Developed by Schneider Electric, the ArcFM Suite is a powerful extension of the Esri ArcGIS platform. It provides a complete out-of-the-box enterprise GIS solution for facilities management designed to meet the needs of electric, gas and water/wastewater utilities. ArcFM helps utilities drive down costs, enhance productivity and provide better and faster service to customers.
ArcFM consists of a family of models and a set of sophisticated tools for editing, modelling, maintenance and management of facility information. It integrates GIS with other enterprise systems, uses open databases and industry-standard programming environments.
ArcFM provides a scalable platform for the full range of utility business needs and can be used as a single-department installation or as a multi-department enterprise configuration for creating, managing and disseminating utility information.
The ArcFM Suite provides:
- A productive environment for design and asset management
- Smarter business decision-making
- Reduced labour and time in building, analyzing and maintaining network models
- Greater access to spatial data for improved outage management, customer service and dispatch
- Improved records and asset management and in-plant service
- Increased safety for field workers
By implementing an end-to-end integrated enterprise solution, we have single handedly improved our operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and network reliability.